GCSE Results Day 2020
Strong performance testament to hard work of everyone at Weston Favell Academy
Pupils collected their grades which were decided by teachers after exams were cancelled because of COVID-19. However some pupils will be waiting for final grades as the awarding bodies for BTECs and Cambridge Nationals take more time to adjust their calculations.
Lorna Leventhal, Principal: 'These grades are the result of years of excellent teaching and learning, dedication and resilience and are very well deserved. I could not be prouder of our Year 11 pupils at Weston Favell Academy. As an academy, we are passionate about providing the best possible education and empowering our pupils to fulfil their potential, and these results not only demonstrate the impact of this ethos but are a testament to the hard work of our pupils, staff and parents.
I am excited for our pupils to move to the next stage of their lives and look forward to welcoming back those who will be joining our Sixth Form at the academy in September'.
Notable achievements include:
- Muniba Chowdhury who earned seven grade 9s and an 8.
- Zeki Osman who secured six 9s, two 8s and a 7
- Alice Smith who received three 9s, five 8s and two 7s
- Amelia Munro who earned three 9s, three 8s and three 7s
- Omid Omarkhil with three 9s, two 8s and three 7s
- Lewis Hirons with three 9s, two 8s, three 7s and a 6
- Konrad Polacarz who achieved two 9s, two 8s, three 7s and two 6s
- Riley Wass with two 9s, three 8s, three 7s and a 6
Congratulations and well done to all our Year 11 students.