Examination Results 2021
After a challenging year for pupils across the country, Weston Favell Academy pupils are celebrating their achievements as the Academy accomplishes a fantastic set of GCSE results.
Pupils at the Academy, which is located on Booth Lane South and sponsored by Greenwood Academies Trust, have worked hard throughout the last two years of their studies, navigating the challenges of the pandemic to achieve brilliant GCSE grades this year.
While all pupils have done well, there are some standout achievements.
· Amelia Lewis: seven grade 9s (biology, chemistry, physics, French, English literature and English language and maths); one Distinction* (sport) and one grade 8 (geography)
· Simone Chung: four grade 9s (biology, chemistry, physics and maths); one Distinction* (music); one Distinction (dance); two grade 8s (statistics, French) and 2 grade 6s (English literature and English language)
· Ben Chuong: four grade 9s (combined science); two Distinctions (creative media and sport), two grade 8s (English language and English literature); and one grade 7 (statistics)
· Jakub Wszola: one Distinction*(sport), one grade 9 (maths), five grade 8s (history, chemistry, physics, design technology and English language), one grade 7 (biology) and one grade 6 (English literature)
· Toby Tom: one grade 9 (English language), two Distinctions (enterprise and health and social care), four grade 8s (biology, physics, English literature and maths) and three grade 7s (statistics, chemistry and computer science).
This year, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Government decided that pupils’ grades would be based on work they had produced throughout their course and final grades would be moderated and assessed by external exam boards.
“We are so proud of our pupils for achieving their GCSE grades today. They have worked extremely hard over the last two years and to see their efforts come to fruition is fantastic. Thank you to all those who have supported them through their studies, from our talented team of staff to their caring friends and family. We are looking forward to seeing them progress onto their next steps!”
- Todd Johnson, Principal.