KS5 Examination Results 2022
Pupils and staff at Weston Favell Academy, located on Booth Lane South and part of Greenwood Academies Trust, are celebrating receiving their A Level grades today.
The Academy is ecstatic to announce a year of superb results for our dedicated students who, despite the challenges they have faced over the last two years as a result of the pandemic have produced some superb results. Pupils’ determination and hard work, coupled with exceptional support from staff, has meant many have achieved strong results and will now progress onto their chosen next steps in higher education, jobs or apprenticeships.
While we’re incredibly proud of all pupils, some impressive individual performances, include:
- Lydia Cookman, who achieved two A*s in art and design and English language and three As in French, AS level criminology and an extended project qualification, and has secured a place at the Art Foundation at Northampton, prior to undertaking an art degree.
- Yasmin Rahmouni, who successfully achieved two A*s in psychology and law, an A in French and a B in AS core maths, and is going to study law at the University of Leicester.
- Louise Clipston, who achieved an A* in psychology, an A in criminology, a Distinction* in sport and a Distinction in AS health and social care and is heading to Bournemouth University to study a degree apprenticeship in podiatry.
- Konrad Polacarz, who earned an A* in maths, two As in further maths and finance and a Distinction* in sport and will be going to Loughborough University to study accounting and financial management.
- Johnny Williams, who achieved an A in finance and two Distinction*s in sport (double award) and will be pursuing a degree in accounting and finance at Nottingham Trent University.
Todd Johnson, Principal at Weston Favell Academy, said:
“We are all absolutely thrilled for our pupils as they receive their well-earned A-Level results. While they have faced many challenges over the last two years due to the pandemic, they have remained committed to their studies and continued to make progress. Today is a result of all that hard work and it is amazing to see their perseverance rewarded.
“We are now thrilled to see them take their next steps into higher education, employment or apprenticeships and look forward to watching them achieve their potential.”