Here are some tips to help keep you safe outside the Academy:
- Look confident. People are less likely to pick on you.
- Try to go to places with friends. If you do go out alone, always tell someone where you are going and what time you will return.
- If anyone says or does anything that worries or frightens you talk to a trusted adult - someone in the family or someone at the Academy.
- If you are taking a bus or train, make sure you have enough money for the return journey or a return ticket. Don't accept money from someone you've never met before.
- Don't accept a lift from someone you've never met before. Call someone to pick you up.
- Stay in well-lit areas where there are people around if you need help.
- Remember that alcohol and drugs can harm your health and can also encourage you to take unnecessary risks.
Remember, if an adult tries to hurt you it's not your fault. You don't have to do what they say just because they are an adult. Try to find the confidence to tell someone that you are worried. You won't get into trouble.